Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm a running rockstar!

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, the impossible has become possible! Yes, this plump runner, this gal who has 30 extra pounds hanging around, has run nine miles, at one time even! Nine! I never ever thought that I could do that and enjoy it as much as I did. I even did it at a 13 minute per mile pace. That's incredible when I think back to my seven mile run that I ran at a 15:46 per mile time. I even experienced a "runner's high" today around mile seven. It was so great. It makes you feel like you can keep going forever. I was even able to keep the walking breaks down to one every 3/4 of a mile and even 1 1/2 miles inbetween. My legs feel a little stiff, and I'll probably be a tad sore tomorrow, but who cares?! Nine miles! I have never thought that I could be a distance runner. I know now that I can do anything I want. If I can run nine miles, I can run a marathon. It's so empowering to learn what you're really capable of. I still haven't lost any weight and I get frustrated about that, but today I'm on cloud 9 and I know that if I keep this up, the weight won't have a chance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment