Sunday, July 3, 2011

Well, here goes nothing.

So I started this thing, 101 goals for 1001 days. I made all kinds of goals. One of them was to start a blog (even though I've never even read a blog before..) and another one of them was to run a half marathon. Yikes. So far, this blog thing doesn't seem too scary. But the half marathon is a different story. I'm not one of those skinny, bean-pole types you always see doing things like that. I'm built for comfort, not speed. Hence the "plump runner". But I paid my money and I'm all signed up for the Halloween Half marathon in Provo this October. I have just under 4 months to get this "comfort" body race ready. I started out just yesterday with my first race of the year, the Kiss Me Dirty mud run up at Wheeler Farm. It was a 4 mile run, and it wasn't too bad. I am also signed up for the Dirty Dash and the Night of the Running Dead races. I'll do my best to post results and pictures of the progress towards what is a big goal, at least to me. And maybe someday, I'll be able to teach this body to run 26.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment