Monday, July 18, 2011

7 miles and still able to stand under my own power!

I conquered the next long run last Saturday. 7 long hot miles. July is the WORST for training! Heat. So much heat. I'm sporting a fantastic tan line from my ipod arm bad. I just joined the dailymile.com site. It lets you log your distance and time and it does a nice little break down for you. Turns out my 7 mile adventure was done at a pace of 15:45 per mile. Yikes. I really need to get faster... I just hope that speed will come with my persistence. What has come from all this running I've been doing has been 5 extra pounds. Not okay body, sheesh. I've even been making sure to keep the diet in check and the scale keeps going up. Now the theory is that muscle weighs more than fat, so this up swing is normal and the weight will start to drop after this initial period. Let's hope so. I was already 25 lbs over what I want to weigh and having the scale go up another 5 took some drive out of me, not to mention the fact that I had to go shopping for a bridesmaid dress and the only sizes left were an XS and an XXL. The XXL basically fits. WTF? That same day I also purchased a shirt labeled Medium. Go figure. I have decided to just ignore all of that for now and keep on training the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment