Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A rough start.

Monday holidays always throw off my groove. The day off from work is always welcome though. I didn't bother to work out Monday, since according to the Hal Higdon training schedule I'm following, Monday is a rest day. But I probably should have done something... seeing as I stayed out to late for "Friends of July". So  no morning run on Tuesday happened... Oops. Let me tell you, 4:30 a.m. rolls around too quickly sometimes. I'll hit up my yoga class tonight and hope that the hour I spend sweating my buns off will make up for the lack of running this morning. At least it'll help me get in bed sooner, so that the Wednesday run will happen. And apparently, according to the schedule, I'm supposed to run 6 miles this Saturday... 6 miles?! After having only run 3 miles, 3 of the days the week before? The farthest I have ever run without stopping was 5 miles and that was when I was running 4 miles a day, 3-4 times per week. And it nearly killed me. So you'll know if I lived through the 6 miler if I post after July 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment