Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thanks for the heads up guys :P

So I am a diligent runner, waking up at 4:30 again this morning to go run. When I get to the high school track where I run every time, there's caution tape strung up and a big notice that says the track will be closed from today until July 15th. How come that sign wasn't up yesterday morning?! It's just a good thing that they built another high school not too far away so I could still get my run in. Now some people would argue that I should just run on the streets. To them I say, last time I ran on the streets in the dark, I sprained my ankle and couldn't run for the next 6 months. The track suits me just fine. Besides, you always know just how far you've gone and you don't have to worry about carrying your keys, water, or phone, since you can just leave it all in the car in the parking lot. Good times all around. The one advantage of this other track is that it's by the mouth of the canyon so there's a nice breeze that blows all morning, which comes in handy when it's already 71 degrees at 5 a.m. I'm glad I won't be running the half marathon until the end of October. By then the morning temps will be much more bearable. Don't get me wrong, I love 71 degree temperature, just not when I have to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment