Monday, September 5, 2011

Hard core hiker :)

I conquered Mt. Timpanogos this week. It was a long grueling ordeal, fraught with peril. I managed to slip off the trail at one point. Luckily there were a lot of shrubs to grab onto... That's part of the thrill that comes with midnight hiking, right? But all in all, it was a good hike. We were all completely exhausted and nearly immobile by the end, but we lived! It was beautiful up at the top, watching the sun peek up over the Rocky Mountains. There were perhaps a billion mountain goats running around too.


As far as the running, I've been feeling really good. I managed to get out today and log 3 miles, despite still being ridiculously sore from the hike. It's just a good thing running uses different muscles than hiking. My mile time is staying pretty steady. That's okay for now; I'm not trying to break any records. I'm just glad my body is letting me get the mileage in. I'll be taking it easy on myself this week since my first half marathon is this Saturday! I figure I should be able to complete it in 2 and half hours or so. I'll have a full race report and hopefully some great pics to post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment