Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Dirty Dash


I ran the Dirty Dash again this year. Well, I ran some of it... It's hard to run in mud and through obstacles. Plus, I was not really feeling it. Last year, I had someone to run it with and lots of people that I knew were there. It was a great atmosphere, like a big, muddy party. This year, I had to go by myself. For some reason, there was not a lot of interest from the people I know. I couldn't even guilt/bribe/coerce anyone to wait at the finish line to take pictures. It was a beautiful day up an Soldier Hollow, but honestly it was hard to enjoy the race. I don't mind running timed races by myself, I like that I ran the Nebo Half on my own. But when it's a non-timed, charity race/party it sure is nice to have people there to enjoy it with you. Next year, I'll see if I can get a team together and go all out with matching outfits. I may need to find more friends who run... Or who will at least sign up to get a little dirty.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture! =P
    Sounds like an interesting race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mud runs are springing up all over the country. I'm trying to do one every year now :)

    ReplyDelete