Saturday, September 24, 2011

A good week with a crap weekend.

I had a great run in the middle of the week, doing 6.42 miles without stopping for a walking break. This was a first for me. I had planned on running 10 miles today (Saturday) but of course the best laid plans and all that. It was my best friend's wedding this weekend. I had to spend Thursday night in a hotel and all day Friday being smack dab in the middle of wedding drama. Hooray. So the combination of not enough sleep, a crazy amount of stress, and hardly any real food made a 10 mile run completely out of my reach today. I couldn't even get out of bed until almost noon to start with. And by the time I made it out the door, it was already pretty darned warm for fall. I shuffled around for the first 3/4 of a mile and then just had to walk the rest. I logged just barely over 4 miles, and felt like dying for most of it. I'll hit the track again Monday morning and hope that I will have recovered from the wedding ordeal sufficiently by then. All I have to say is that those two better stay married, because I am not going through a weekend like that ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment