Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ankle in revolt :(

My ankle has full on revolted. I haven't the slightest idea what I've done to it. All I know is that running = pain. Great. My first half marathon is in 3 weeks. So I have been forced to take at least a week off to see if it can heal up. I'll still be working out, just no running. I gave the elliptical a shot yesterday and was able to pound out a decent workout without upsetting the prissy ankle. I've been icing it and wrapping it, as well as popping more ibuprofen than I probably should. On the up side, I bought myself that GPS watch I wanted. It's coming in the mail and should be here just in time for my triumphant return to running. I had to do something to alleviate the despondency that came with the decision to take a week off. Shopping heals all sorts of wounds. And I've also started looking around for marathons next year in the area. As long as I keep positive and keep my goals nice and defined, I'll get there, even with little setbacks and inconveniences.

No comments:

Post a Comment