Sunday, April 29, 2012

Race Report

I completed my fifth half marathon yesterday, the Thanksgiving Point Half Marathon. What a great race! I met a couple of my Daily Mile friends in person for the first time and that was wonderful. We spend so much time supporting each other on the site, it's so nice to meet these people in the real world. Anyway, the race course was gorgeous! We ran all over the Thanksgiving Point grounds. The gardens were in bloom, the waterfalls and wild life added to the beauty. The course was a bit of a beast though. Lots of rolling hills and even some very steep climbs. Considering how tough it was, I did really well. I finished with a time of 2:47:19, which is my second best finish time. I paced myself really well and felt great the whole race. I was particularly pleased when mile 10 rolled around and I started picking people off left and right. By mile 12, I was flying by so many people. My sprint to the end was a remarkable 5:13/min mile pace. Sure, it wasn't for very long, but it made for a spectacular finish. I will definitely be running this race again. Very well organized, plenty of aid stations, and the beautiful course made for a phenomenal race. Another bonus, the Thanksgiving Point folks threw in some passes to all their attractions so we were able to enjoy the museum and other events after the race for free. Now to get ready for next week's race in Vernal!


Happy running!

2 comments: