Sunday, December 4, 2011

Long time, no post.

Oops! Yeah, I have a blog, I should probably post from time to time, right? I've even had some nice accomplishments to talk about and just haven't... Two weeks ago, I was able to run 10 straight miles without stopping. That's pretty darned amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love the run/walk method and I fully intend on implementing it in my marathons. But sometimes, you just get wondering how far you can go without taking a walking break. My stamina has really increased! My motivation has been zapped a little by the onset of colder weather though. I've only been getting out for a run 2-3 times per week instead of 4-5 like I should be. I did get a pass to the Orem Rec Center, they have an indoor track. That way, when it snows I'll have somewhere to run. The only problem is that it's a 30 minute drive to the rec center... But I can't spend my winter months vegetating. I'd never been ready for June 9th!

In racing news, I completed another race yesterday. It was the annual Santa Run 5K in Provo. When I did this race for the first time in 2009, it was the first race I had even run. Obviously the race bug venom works a little slowly, I only did 2 races the next year. But in 2011 I have run 6 races and I have 10 + races planned for 2012. And all because of a charity 5K that was a great experience from start to finish. This race is also nice because it's a fun charity event with very little pressure to complete in a certain time. I can convince people who aren't runners to show up and walk it at least. It's so nice to have a group of people to enjoy it with. I also managed a PR for this race, beating my best time by 3 minutes. One of these days I'll break the 30 minute barrier for a 5K.

I'll do my best to post more regularly!
Happy running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment