Monday, November 14, 2011

I am absolutely insane everybody.

It's true. Today I put together my 2012 race schedule. I must really have a lot of faith in myself... It starts out in March with the Riverton Half Marathon, then April brings the Thanksgiving Point Half, June will feature the Utah Valley Marathon, July: the Timpanogos Half, August gets two races, the Moonlight Half and the Park City Marathon. September is the Nebo Half and I believe the Spanish Fork Half will be in there too. Then October brings the Ragnar Relay in Las Vegas, and November will be the ultimate in running awesomeness, the original Marathon in Greece! And this list isn't counting any of the 5Ks, 10Ks, or any other various and sundry races that may grab my attention. See? I'm am officially a crazy person. (I blame all the sweet gear that comes in the race packets and all those shiny, pretty medals you get when you finish a race.)

I did another race last weekend. It was a nice little 10K to raise money to build a hospital in Kenya. The weather held for the race and it was quite pleasant. I finished in the time I expected to, which was a whole lot slower than most of the other racers. But I don't mind. I'm just glad I can finish at all. It wasn't that long ago that a 6.2 mile run had me shaking in my sassy buckled boots. Tonight, I did an 8 mile run, just because I could. I think I've come a long way. And while my race schedule is a bit daunting, I really think I can at least live through it and maybe even enjoy it. Besides, all that running means more shiny medals!

Happy running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment