Saturday, January 14, 2012

Took a break, now I'm back (and bloggier than ever!)

I really just wanted to use the word "bloggier".  So 2012 started off with a nice 10 mile run. But for some reason, after the run, my left ankle stiffened up and started to hurt quite a bit. Then a day later, I managed to contract whatever flu/cold virus that's been going around. Since I'm working on my positive attitude, I have decided that it's a good thing that I got sick and injured at the same time. That way, there was only one healing period for both things. I took 12 days off of running, throwing in some elliptical workouts once the illness passed. I was able to take advantage of the beautiful weather and test out the lungs and ankle today. I managed 4 miles and feel pretty good.

My official marathon training will begin the week of February 6th. That'll give me a few weeks here to get back to 100% before I hit the training full force. I have worked up a training schedule that's an conglomerate of a few training schedules that are out there in books and on the interwebs. As much as I am dreading it, I have to work in speed work and drills. It's about time this plump runner got some speed in her running!

I've got a couple more running books to review for my captive audience's enjoyment coming soon.
Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment